Monday, May 12, 2008

Philadelphia, PA

Downtown Philadelphia was our first stop on May 2nd. We checked into our hotel and enjoyed walking the streets. This is city hall which is in the middle of downtown. It is a square-about, not a round-about so all traffic goes around this beautiful building.

The architecture of the buildings was astounding. I have yet to travel to Europe but I have seen pictures of amazing details and this has too come close! I loved walking around and seeing the hectic pace of all the pedestrians knowing that I had no appointments or time limits.

All of the shopping is close by with farmer's markets (which I will post pictures tomorrow) and clothing stores on every corner.

We ate at Ruth Chris's steak house that evening. The steaks are cooked in a 1800 degree oven and is juicy and so flavorful. I can still remember the smell from 10 days ago, are you salivating yet?

No comments: