Stephen is an 11 year old scout leader and loves to camp. Well, he is getting his wish tomorrow when it is suppose to snow and be 24 degrees at night. He will be surrounded by fun 11 year olds who like to giggle like girls, fart really loud and laugh at it, and watch milk come out their nose.
Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of camping. When I was growing up we went to Camp Hycliff for girls' camp. The leaders preferred to have it when it's 125 degrees outside in the middle of July it would be by a river but were we allowed to swim in it, NO we would just stand their sweating wishing, hoping, to cool off somewhere...
There were 2 trees in the entire camp. hello, shade?
I would always end up in the nurse's tent because I had heat exhaustion, um I wonder why???
We would choose a location that was known for rattler snakes and tell us what they look like so that we would recognized them before you get bit.
When I was called as the YW girls camp leader my answer was... seriously? Are you desperate? Is there a Marriott within a 10 mile radius? I don't camp, and I don't like to camp.
I made it. We had the girl's camp in June (80 degrees), in the trees (oh, shade), and the girls would play everyday in the lake. In fact, I was thrown into the lake by two of the leaders as I was clawing my nails into their arms.
Have fun, Stephen!
I will be at home in my warm bed reading my book "a tree grows in brooklyn". What would you rather be doing than camping in 24 degree weather... comments please.
2 comments:
Whys do boys camp in winter? Honestly, is it fun? This seriously baffles me and this is one of those things that makes me go, hmmmmmm.
My idea of camping is a Hotel!
Post a Comment