Saturday, May 10, 2008

I love NY

New York, baby

Stephen and I have been bouncing around the state of New York for the last 4 days. We went to Central Park which is beautiful. You can find some peace and quiet in a city of 10 million people. It looked just like the pictures on TV. There was a german dude who really tried hard to convince us that we needed to take a rikshaw with him strapped to the front and take a tour through the park!!! He would not stop talking until we walked away.

The subway is an experience all to it's self. There is a system to the downtown grid.

Ground Zero was very surrel. They are building the "freedom tower" which will be 1776 stories tall. It will be the tallest building in the world. The 9/11 memorial is across the street at the fire station.

The Empire State Building is huge! We wanted to ride up to the 102 floor but it cost $19 each!!!! Hello, that is crazy so we just took pictues of it.

2 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Oh that sounds like SO much fun!! I would love to go to NY someday but for now I'll just have to rely on your descriptions.
Have a great time!!

Pratt Family said...

WOW...you guys went all over. I would love to go NYC one day...what an experience that must of been seeing ground-zero. Reading your thoughts...I got goosebumps. Sure looks like you both had a great time though.