Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My good friend, Jalene Phillips, (married Phillips from Parma) gave me some pears. So I thought, hum I'll just can some up. Well, I forgot how much more labor intensive pears are then peaches. I love peaches and to can them you just boil them for a minute and then the skins slip right off and you have a cute naked little peachy.

With a pear it's a whole new store. The knife was my best friend for 5 hours yesterday. You cut the skin, cut the seeds out, and cut the stringy thingy out.
Good old canning pot, it doesn't it's job every time. Thankfully it was a cool 65 degrees yesterday so it felt good to have all four burners going and heating up the kitchen.Cute bottles of pears. I love hearing the "tink" as the jars seal. Aren't they pretty?

2 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Those are beautiful! I am always so impressed when people can their fruit. I did it once- and that was that :)

Denise said...

Very beautiful...you dun good, Tona