The quaint town of Charleston, right on the ocean front. One of the few cities with pre-civil war homes. It is called the Palmetto state, which stands for Palm trees.
Stephen's list of to do was visit fort sumter where the civil war began. It was a fascinating narration and we learned a lot. Fort sumter is an island that the north built and funny thing... the south took over it shortly and had it for 4 years.
The ocean was a bit nippy but we still plunged in. It was about 80 degrees and I forgot to "recoat" with sunscreen. Having the Berrett fair skin gene, this is a necessity! oops So I got a little crispy.
I rented some bikes and we rode all around the island and on the ocean. It is high tide at night with the moon and low tide during the morning and early afternoon. We rode our bikes at 10 pm and there was no visible moon so we couldn't see where we were going. We were laughing so hard. Stephen's bike had a cute white basket on it so he could gather seashells ;)It is easier to ride on the packed sand but at high tide there is only soft sand so we were getting stuck and bumping into things. It was fun to be crazy and silly with my husband. It was good to be a irresponsible adult for a week!
Our condo was right on the ocean and had this cute little porch. I LOVED sitting out here and listening to the sound of the waves. I laid out in the sun and thought of NOTHING.It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. NO place to be, NO one to time commitment, just me, my honey, and the ocean.
On our last day we headed out for some siteseeing. We visited the Charles Pinckney home in Charleston, south carolina . He was very involved in politics and was a signer of the Declaration of Independence.I love go back today if I could, ya it was that good!
3 comments:
You are always sooo lucky to spend alone time with your husband! I think that SOMEDAY I will be able to do that with Brian... but the day never seems to get here. SOMEDAY!
I so want to take the same vacation! I absolutely love the beach.
That looks so fun, especailly the cute basketed bike! I think I could use a vacation. See you this summer!
Post a Comment